Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Smoke 'em if You've Got 'em!!

I've not blogged about cigars in the past, but I have a craving to do so right now... so I will.  I've been drooling over the H. Upman Vintage Cameroon for several weeks now.  I had my first one several weeks ago and cannot get it off my mind.  It was delicious.  I've not had one since because I don't like getting locked into things (although I am guilty of that with the BBQ Bacon Double Cheeseburger at Cheesecake Factory).  So, I've been trying different cigars to see if anything replicates the taste of the Vintage Cameroon for around the same price range (4-6 dollars).  I finally came across a Punch Gran Puro that was also delicious, but a bit thicker in taste (not in a bad way at all).
Anyways, the H. Upman Vint Cam is awesome and I am waiting patiently and anxiously to buy a box.  My buddy (who I'm waiting on for him to try it and see if he wants to split a box with me) sent me the following story / historical tid-bit about the cigar:  http://coffeeandcigars.wordpress.com/2008/01/21/cigar-review-h-upmann-vintage-cameroon-petite-corona/
I'm not necessarily a huge history or JFK fan, but I know this will make me appreciate the cigar more next time I have one (which I hope is VERY soon).  If you have a few minutes, check out this story and also check out the link inside of this story from Cigar Aficionado.  They are both well worth the read!!

No comments: