Thursday, February 18, 2010

Miracle

My last blog was about death (and many months ago). I still miss you Michael. My son hasbecome more than a fan of your music and we jam to your masterpieces regularly. He yells out your name when your song is playing in the background at the mall. It is hysterical and a bit embarrassing all at the same time.
Tonight, I'll flip the switch and blog about birth. Yesterday, we had a new addition to our family. Our fourth member of our team joined us at 12:05pm creating 7lbs 2ozs worth of downward pressure. She (yeah, she) is a tiny little thing. In all honesty, the approach this time around (versus with our first) was more of a "been there done that" kinda thing. The birth was anything but!!
Nothing unusual happened during labor or delivery. My wife was a strong, ass-kickin' trooper like she is every day in life. She made things for me, "easy as a Sunday (ash wednesday) mornin'" as she also does every day in life. But, when our little girl came out, my tear duct malfunctioned (I wasn't crying, it was definitely a mechanical malfunction) and released a lot of fluid. Not because it was a girl, but because we brought a human into this world that we created through the miracle of life. That feeling, the exact moment the baby is handed from the doctor to you, just overwhelms with emotion, excitement, pride, responsibility and joy. Such an unbelievable rush of wonderful-ness. I couldn't help but think about how truly amazing the circle of life is.
Baby Mo, we love you so much. Welcome to the world. It is crazy and wonderful. Be wonderful, and wonderful will surround you. Welcome to our country. It is crazy and wonderful. Appreciate the freedom and opportunities that this combination has created for you, and the millions of other citizens who live here with us. Welcome to our family. We are crazy and wonderful. Be crazy with us and you will have a wonderful time as our daughter / sister.
Baby Mo, you have an unbelievably caring, smart and loving mother. Listen to her and learn from her and you will become the smart, strong and loved woman that she is. You have a brother who has been SO excited for you to join us. He loves playing with trucks, reading, music, and helping out. Enjoy your brother, as I know he will love you as much as you will look up to him. Your mother and I look forward to seeing your relationship grow with each other. I will be there for you no matter what. I will always love you. I will, at times be upset with you, purely out of love. I will so often be proud of you, and smiling in happiness knowing you are happy. I love you very much already and will never stop.

No comments: