Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy... Birthday!!

You thought I was going to go with Valentines Day?  Nope.  Today is my son's 2nd birthday and I wish him a HUGE happy one!!  He's already in bed, but we had a great day.  The three of us (mom, dad, son) played a lot (trains, baseball, basketball), went on a few errands, went out to dinner.  Yes, we were the couple that brought their kid to the nice restaraunt on Valentine's Day!!  We got some looks.  I love it.
He is extremely well behaved in restaraunts and I love everytime we go out.  We don't hesitate to go out to eat because of him.  He surprises the people around us all the time.  We have gotten comments from people about how well behaved he is at the restaraunt.  He's used to the environment and he knows what's appropriate behavior in that setting.  It's not that tough.
Anyways, back to my son and his birthday.  This is mainly to him, so you can stop reading if you want.  Son, I am so proud of you.  I love you more than you will ever know (until you have a child of your own).  I cannot believe how quickly these two years have gone by.  You amaze me all the time with the things you say, your humor (although there are glimpses of me in it which makes me feel bad for you), your compassion, your klutziness, your love for music and dancing and singing.  Nothing feels better than when you put both of your arms around my neck and plop your head on my shoulders.  I love how worried you are every night about making sure that your trains get the propper "good night" treatment from you.  I love your appreciation for ad-hoc parades.  I love the way you look at your mother.  
I love you!!  
Happy birthday booger!!

No comments: